Why certification as an ASTTBC Safety Professional?
As a member of ASTTBC you are in the unique position of being certified by the only Professional Association in Canada to award a certification in Construction Safety. You will hold a registered title under provisions of Provincial Statute (ASTT Act of BC) and Federal trademark law. This immediately says that your certification is awarded independent of industry or any other agency.
Being awarded the right to carry the title of CSO (Provisional), CSO or RCSO demonstrates that you have met the ASTTBC competency and enrollment standards, you are committed to a mandatory Continuing Professional Development Policy and you are held to an Ethics and Professionalism in Practice Policy.
An ASTTBC certification identifies you as a unique professional who is Qualified, Registered and ACCOUNTABLE.
These factors set you apart from any other construction safety designation.
As a certified CSO (Provisional), CSO or RCSO some of the benefits you enjoy include:
- Exclusive use of the title awarded to you. CSO (Provisional), CSO and RCSO are subject to provisions of Provincial Statute (The ASTT Act of BC) and Federal Trademark law.
- Membership in a Professional Association of more than 10,500 professionals in BC
- Access to Professional Liability and Errors and Omissions insurance,
- Access to a wide range of member benefits (see www.asttbc.org),
- Free admission to a regular series of continuing education events.
Join the ASTTBC Safety Professionals CSO (Provisional), CSO and RCSO !